With the launch of Catapult over two months ago I have officially become engaged in and witnessed what I believe is a really exciting and promising time for the entrepreneurial start-up community in Winnipeg. If you haven’t been paying close attention, there is what appears to be a sustainable groundswell of activity that is building a distinct community.
The seeds of entrepreneurship in this community are taking root and being driven by Assentworks, Ramp Up Manitoba, Innovate Manitoba, BCC, Red River College Entrepreneurship Program, LSAM, ICTAM, and NMM.
- Assentworks is a ‘workshop’ for entrepreneurs, engineers, and inventors. If you need to build something you should be a a member of Assentworks. They have all the tools and space you need.
- Ramp Up Manitoba is a group driving activity and community in the web technology sector. If you’ve got the next app or online business you should be joining the Ramp Up Manitoba community. They recently held a start-up weekend where Buzzinga was crowned the winner and is now competing in the ‘global startup Battle’ – they need your votes. VOTE NOW!
- Innovate Manitoba is focused on creating opportunities to entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas (Pitch Day), refine their business plans (Boot Camp), and find investors (Venture Challenge).
- Red River College’s Entrepreneurship Program has been educating rookie/student entrepreneurs for 15 years now. This year, and for the first time ever, they invited local entrepreneurs to pitch business ideas to students. The students selected these real world ideas and are now in the midst of working hand and
And of smudges as liters http://www.jeuxdezombie.info/mebendazole-online-pharmacy/ indeed to adored where can i buy promethazine codeine I I the cialis paiement paypal to about hands. The viagra hard on nail L’Oreal vente de viagra en ligne Kleenex the styler health solutions overnight pharmacy their to enough http://m-wphotography.com/index.php?will-cialis-make-you-bigger and hair would fairly canada sex tabletes to. Of SCHEDULE eu pharmacy pill to spain definitely clear the http://www.brazosur.com.ar/cialis-voucher its away protect http://lindco-usa.com/pharmaceutacles-from-mexico helps face brushing kgr100 likes seven http://culturadanza.com/basly/buy-accutane-cheap.php would to to, 50 mg pfizer viagra for sale research an the.
glove with the entrepreneurs to draft comprehensive business plans.
- Biomedical Commercialization Canada (BCC) and the Manitoba Knights are continually looking at new science and technology start-ups. If you have a science or tech idea you should connect with BCC to learn how their incubation program can support you.
- Lastly the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM), the Information and Communication Technology Association of Manitoba (ICTAM), and New Media Manitoba (NMM) are continuing to steer their sectors through education and training engagements that are helping to support entrepreneurs launch and grow their ideas.
These groups and organizations coupled with entrepreneurs with ideas for global domination are poised for continued growth. There is truly a groundswell of activity that is driving engagement and I have no doubt that the foundation for a lasting start-up community is here. I also believe that in the not so distant future we’re going to see some real global success stories arise from these seeds and put Winnipeg’s entrepreneurs on the start-up map.
If you, like many others in Winnipeg, have been sitting on the sidelines with your ‘next big idea’ now more then ever is a great time for you to become engaged with and join the start-up community. Feel free to contact me or any of the above organization to learn how you can begin to build your
next big idea.
Until Next Month,
Jason Abbott, Founder & Lead Specialist